Back from Break, Back to the Books
Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving break, filled with yummy food and time with friends and family!
My break was filled with working at Subway in my hometown, hanging out with friends who were also on break, and catching up with my family! Oh, yeah, and just a little bit of homework.
But now I’m back into the swing of things here at school after our time off. The end of the semester seems so close, but so far away. These next two and a half weeks are going to be busy for everyone! Besides worrying about finals, I wanted to remind you all of some other things to be thinking about in the next coming weeks, too!
1. Now that you’ve registered for classes, you have your textbook list. Start thinking about where you’re going to buy these books from, whether it’s from a friend, the internet, or the bookstore. Investigating ahead of time can save you a lot of money!
2. Going along with the textbook theme, think about selling your own textbooks! There are many groups on Facebook where you can post the books you’re selling and hopefully find somebody who wants your book. It never hurts to make some of that money back.
3. Start filling out some scholarship forms. Even though it seems like some scholarship forms were just released, deadlines are going to be approaching sooner than you think! Get a head start!
4. Even though it seems ridiculously early, investigate the living arrangements you’ll want for next year. Do you want to live on campus or off? Housing contracts are going to be becoming available early in December!
5. Relax! Take some time for yourself somewhere in your hectic schedule. Decorate your room with Christmas decorations, or grab some hot cocoa with some friends! ‘Tis the season. 😉
Best of luck to each and every one of you as you work toward the end of the semester; the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming more visible every day!