Some things I’ve already learned about Italy…
1. People don’t kid around when they say all there’s to eat is pizza and pasta.
2. People don’t kid around about eating gelato at least once everyday.
3. People don’t kid around about electricity here. Italy’s actually the most expensive country in Europe for electricity because they buy it from France.
4. People don’t kid around about their front door entrances, or matching their windows to their doors.
5. People don’t kid around about their coffee in the mornings, or their afternoons, or their evenings….
6. People definitely DO NOT kid around the flowers in their gardens. Oh sweet heaven!
7. People definitely do not kid around about looking at you like your a foreigner, but still trying to speak Italian to you.
8. People definitely do not kid around about their eating times. Restaurants are only open at certain times for lunch and dinner. If you missed it, you missed it. But you better not miss it.
9. People do not kid around about being present in the moment. Forget all the wi-fi everywhere. Only one place in town offers free wi-fi.
10. People don’t kid around about their religious activities. There’s about 7 Catholic churches in this small town alone!