How to spend your Valentine’s Day
Got a hot date for Valentine’s Day? HAH- I SURE DO (with my laptop- Netflix please!). It’s that time of the year again, the 14th of February- the day people either love or dread. If you’re lucky enough to have a special someone in your life, I hope you guys have a lovely Valentine’s Day! If you’re single, don’t sweat it! My greatest piece of advice would be to ask yourself this: Would you rather share that pint of Ben and Jerry’s with someone else or indulge in it by yourself?! (We all know that Half Baked is heaven in a tub). While you may feel like everyone on your floor is receiving a bouquet of roses (I like tulips in case you were curious), you shouldn’t have to feel like you’re alone. Whether you’re single or not, there are many ways to celebrate this day! Try these activities with your date or your friends! 🙂
1. Make your own Valentine’s Day cards – Remember in elementary school when everyone would get each other Valentine’s Day cards and make cute little mailboxes out of tissue boxes to put them in? Why not do that now?!? I find it more special if you make the cards by yourself. That way you can personalize them to fit each of your friends. Here is one that my awesome friend made me. Isn’t it FOXY??
2. Dinner – Valentine’s day without delicious food?! I have yet to try more restaurants around Ames, but I went to The Café recently and I think it is my new favorite! Once you take a bite out of one of their dishes, you can tell it’s made with love. The menu always changes which is pretty cool. Last time I got this Vietnamese Breakfast Banh Mi Sandwich and it was-dare I say it? Amazeballs. If you’re on a budget, don’t fret! UDCC and Seasons always gots your back. 😉
3. Movie – Who doesn’t love a good dinner and a movie night? And if the movie is free- sign me up! This week’s Cyclone Cinema showing is Thor 2. Don’t worry, it has some romance in there. If you’re not in the mood for that, Endless Love (Total chick-flick movie- I mean look at the title) and That Awkward Moment are some of the newest films you can catch at the movie theaters! Let’s not forget about The Lego Movie…
4. Workshop – Love to get crafty?? The workshop located at the bottom of the MU is having a special “Date Night” where you and your date can create a masterpiece for the price of one! SCORE. Also, the walk-in craft for this month is Hometown String Art! I know what I’m doing soon…
5. Bowling/Ice Skating– Ah the scene of every “first date” in a movie. It’s still pretty fun though, isn’t it? Throw laser tagging into the mix and you’ve got yourself a fantastic time!
6. Dance Party – This one is my favorite. Recently, I saw this poster that read, “Go where the people dance”. Seriously just go do it! I’ve got the perfect song to start off the night! So lace up your high-tops and dance!
—–So, grab your date or your friends because I just gave you 6 different ways to make your Valentine’s Day even better. And remember, don’t be sad if you don’t have a Valentine. You can be mine because
Card from here
♥♥♥ – Malinda