Casting Call: Cyclone Life is hiring!
How would you like to share your experiences as an Iowa State student through blogs, photos, and videos? Apply to join the Cyclone Life cast!
Moderated by the Office of Admissions, Cyclone Life is an online collection of stories about life at Iowa State University, told directly by real students through photos, videos, and blog posts.
This is a part-time job with hourly pay: you set your own schedule (2 to 20 hours/week).
- Writing short, informative blogs about your life as a student and events happening on campus
- Taking photos on your mobile device (or provided camera) to accompany your postings and to be used on the Office of Admissions Instagram account
- Creating short video clips to post on Cyclone Life, Instagram, and YouTube (video cameras provided and an iMac work station is available for student use) about life on campus
- Attend campus events where you take photos and/or videos to post online
- Assist with promotion of Cyclone Life through the social web (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Complete one mandatory office hour per week
- Must be a current undergraduate student at Iowa State University
- Good writing skills
- Outgoing personality with lots of Cyclone spirit
- Good presence on camera (no experience necessary)
- Familiarity with basic photo and video equipment is a plus but not required – all cast members will receive training
There are limited positions available, so be sure to apply today!
TO APPLY send an email to the Office of Admissions, Marketing and Communications Team at email@example.com by Friday, September 5.
YOUR EMAIL MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
- Your name and ISU Student ID number (Middle nine numbers on your ISUCard)
- Major and expected graduation month/year
- What clubs/student organizations do you participate in (this includes fraternity or sorority membership)?
- Why do you want to join the cast of Cyclone Life (1-2 paragraphs)?
- Create a sample blog entry targeted at prospective students (blog, photos, and videos are welcome). Demonstrate how you would promote the Cyclone adventure!
- Links to videos, photos, writing samples or other fun things you’ve done (you can attach samples to your email as well)