What Every College Student Wants for Christmas
It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year!
Christmas music is playing, the classic Christmas films are on television, and you are beginning to get your Christmas shopping wrapped up. If you have a college student on your list this season, you may be having a difficult time deciding what to get him or her. You know they need useful things, but you still want your gift to be something that they will enjoy! Being a college student myself, I can understand this sentiment. I’m constantly torn between fun things and practical things with my constrained budget. That is why I have compiled the following list of great Christmas gift ideas for your special college student. Let me be Santa’s elf and give you a hand with your gift shopping!
- Gift Cards. | Gift cards are the best way to make a college student feel like a millionaire. Find out your student’s favorite shops and restaurants, and load up a card. Gift cards to useful places such as Target or the grocery store are always needed and appreciated as well! I know I will be asking for a Starbucks gift card to satisfy my coffee cravings. 🙂
- Subscription Service. | Is your college student a music lover? An avid gamer? Perhaps he or she is a magazine enthusiast. If you said yes to any of the above, maybe purchasing a subscription service for the year is a good gifting option. For music lovers, I recommend a premium subscription to Spotify. They’ll adore the ad-free and internet-free listening. Avid gamers might enjoy a membership to Gamefly, a fantastic game rental service. Magazine enthusiasts are always looking for a new issue in their mailbox; give them just that with a subscription to a magazine title of their interest. Movie fanatics will jump for joy with a Netflix subscription. Subscription service really is the gift that keeps on giving!
- Home Goods. | No, pigs still can’t fly. However, college students are at the point in their lives where suddenly, housewares are more appealing. I know that can’t speak for all college students, but I know that I always enjoy a good casserole dish! It doesn’t have to be a kitchen item, but perhaps a useful piece of furniture or decorative item is just the ticket. We are still trying to furnish empty apartments and residence hall rooms; any assistance with that is much appreciated in my book.
- Clothing. | Walking to class in the cold requires layers upon layers of clothing (especially in the frigid Iowa winter!). A new pair of jeans or a new coat is always needed. Essentially, any warm piece of clothing is desired: sweaters, hats, boots, gloves, etc.
- Stocking Stuffers. | Our tight budgets don’t allow for the little things strategically placed at the check-out counter. Doing a fun stocking for your college student is sure to put a smile on their face! Fill it will useful things like their favorite toiletries, but spice it up with some entertaining items as well. A few $5 movies, their candy of choice, and a couple of items that are uniquely them. Personally, I always love nail polish and fuzzy socks in my stocking!
Santa and I are happy to help. I know your student will love your thoughtful present!