Top 10 reasons why you should apply to be a Cyclone Aide
Great news! The application for the Cyclone Aide Class of 2016 is open! Cyclone Aides are the gloriously friendly people in red polos and khakis that you may have seen at your orientation and/or Destination Iowa State experience. Cyclone Aides stay on campus over the summer months and assist in facilitating these events. They participate in 100+ hours of leadership training and have immense amounts of fun.
As if you needed any more reasons why you should apply for this incredible opportunity, I’ve taken the liberty of compiling a list of the Top 10 reasons why you should become a Cyclone Aide. (Stay tuned for the video montage at the end of the list!)
- Leadership experience like this elevates any resume!
- It is a paid position.
- Cyclone Aides develop stellar public speaking skills.
- Connecting with new students and families gives back to the Iowa State community.
- Did I mention it’s paid? PLUS summer housing and an efficient meal plan are included in the benefits package.
- The required leadership seminar counts for course credit!
- Cyclone Aides make red polos and khakis look cool.
- Opportunities to network with campus departments and organizations in the Ames community are abundant.
- The Cyclone Aide position gives returning students the opportunity to share their story.
- Meet lifelong friends. (See video below)
This past summer, I made some pretty great memories as a Cyclone Aide. While I am terribly sad to say that my time as a part of the Cyclone Aide Class of 2015 is coming to a close, I am excited to pass on this opportunity to a new class of highly-motivated student leaders. If you are interested in applying to be a Cyclone Aide, please review the information and complete the application here.