You Know You’re a Journalism Major if…
There is a long list I can make that describes my experiences as a journalism major, but if you are still straying from the path of what journalism has to offer, pay attention to your habits. You may already be a journalism major.
- You’re always in 1 of 4 possible locations: your room, class, work, or the news studio. And you are perfectly okay with this!
- Your interviewing skills creep into your everyday conversations. Bonus points if you are never without your phone, a notepad and at least 3 pens.
In other words, you can be nosy at times. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
- You know what day it is based on the deadlines you have coming up.
- The AP Style Book is your book of the
[This is actually pretty useful info, but you wouldn’t understand…]
- Twitter and Facebook are your true best friends. In fact, your professors actually encourage the use of Twitter and other social media sites.
- Coffee is the lifeblood! And you know the best places to get it!
- Your school is team MAC!
- People are either like “Journalism? Cool” or “Journalism? Good luck” when they ask you about your major.
- If a professor compliments your story it can make your entire week brighter.
However you also feel the overwhelming pressure to produce something even better next time.
- News and writing is simply life and you wouldn’t have it any other way. You don’t understand how some people never pay attention to the news.
Being a journalism major has made an amazing impact on my life. Choosing a major you love leads to a career you will love. And I bet you every journalism major has had this feeling before. Because nothing beats this feeling!