20 Things I Learned at 20
Now that I have lived two decades of my life, here are the 20 biggest things I have learned.
1. If someone makes me cry, it’s not always their fault.
2. People are generally all kind at heart. If they do something bad, there was probably a reason.
3. The best money is spent on food and experiences, rather than tangible items.
4. There are some people that stay with you throughout the years. Thank them when you can.
5. Take responsibility for your actions. Apologize and own up.
6. Everything is temporary, and everything is always changing.
7. Don’t play with feelings. Be clear, be upfront, and don’t waste someone’s time.
8. I really love pretty and cute things!
9. Don’t be ashamed of who you are and where you came from, no matter what other people say.
10. Don’t sit in bed and wonder why you’re sad and lonely. Get out and live your life.
11. Be kind, be gentle, and don’t judge.
12. Fashion is important to me and is what has given me self confidence throughout the years.
13. I really love flowers; they make me so happy. The colors and the smell is enough to brighten my day.
14. Family is important. Thank you to my parents who came across the world from South Korea to the United States, gave me the chance to have a successful and happy life, and always loved me.
15. Even though it’s hard, having low self-confidence only hurts you and the people around you. Be vain if you have to, even that is better.
16. Take leadership opportunities to better the communities that you care about. You’ll feel like you’re doing something important and have a reason to wake up everyday.
17. Take lots of photos. Capture the moments where you were happiest. Don’t be afraid to ask someone else to take a photo of you.
18. It’s not fate that keeps people together, it’s hard work and effort.
19. Don’t forget how young you are. You have time. You always have time.
20. Reflect, don’t regret. Take what happened and learn from it, don’t dwell on the past forever.