Master the Art of Making Pizza Rolls in Your Dorm
Pizza rolls are one of those easy and essential college foods to keep on hand in your freezer at all times. Nothing beats the glorious crunch and tongue-burning melty cheese when you bite into one directly from the oven. Sadly, without an oven, there can be a lack of crunch or an uneven crunch resulting in a little more pizza rock than pizza roll.
After numerous attempts and many trips to the convenience store, I was able to lock down a method of making pizza rolls in a dorm microwave. Absolutely life changing, and easy to master.
Just follow these cooking directions:
- Gather your supplies: a plate, paper towels, a microwave, and of course pizza rolls.
- Arrange your desired number of pizza rolls on a microwave-safe plate. Keep in mind that the cooking times may need to be adjusted depending on how many you’re making.
- Cook your pizza rolls for 1 minute.
- Flip your pizza rolls over.
- Cook your pizza rolls for another minute. If the cheese isn’t starting to ooze out of the crust yet, add another 30 seconds.
- Take a paper towel in one hand, and carefully flip the plate of pizza rolls onto the paper towel. This step is key.
- Put the paper towel holding the pizza rolls back onto the plate, and say goodbye to soggy pizza rolls forever.
- Allow your pizza rolls to cool for a minute before eating them. Just kidding. We all know burning your tongue instead of waiting for them to cool is a classic part of the pizza roll experience.
That’s it. Now that you know the secret to perfect pizza rolls, go impress your friends. Make new friends. The pizza roll possibilities are endless.
*Disclaimer: this post is in no way sponsored by pizza rolls of any brand. I just really dig pizza rolls.