Summer Housing at ISU!!
Once you arrive on campus you may enjoy adventure so much that you actually want to stay for the summer term!! That may include taking summer classes, internships, research opportunities, or simply working and hanging out with friends! No matter what the reason is, you will need a place to stay!! That’s where the wonderful Department of Residence comes in!! There are 3 housing options for the summer that students are welcome to stay in!
Hhere are three types of Frederiksen Court apartments (all apartments are single gender):
- 2 bedroom, 4 person (2 people per bedroom)
- 4 bedroom, 4 person (1 person per bedroom)
- 2 bedroom, 2 person (1 person per bedroom)
Every Frederiksen Court apartment comes fully furnished, so you won’t have to break the bank to buy furnishings for your home. Plus, every apartment has its own washer and dryer, so you won’t have to save your quarters for laundry anymore.
Rent is conveniently charged to your Ubill at the beginning of each semester. A prepayment is required of newly admitted undergraduate residents, but this will be applied to your rent in the spring semester. All utilities (electricity, gas, water, garbage, cable, local phone service and high-speed Ethernet) are all included in the rent. That means no worrying about bills no matter how cool you like you apartment!
University Village (UV) Single Student Apartments
UV is available to freshmen 19 or older and all sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students. UV is also the only single student location on campus to offer a mixed gender roommate option.
- Garden (one-level) and Townhouse (two-story) styles available.
- Rent your apartments as private (by yourself) or shared (with a roommate).
- All UV apartments are air-conditioned.
- Most UV apartments are two bedrooms, although a limited number of one bedroom units do exist.
- Apartments include: bedrooms, a full bathroom, living room and kitchen. Kitchens are equipped a 4 burner stove and oven and a full-size refrigerator.
- Each UV apartment also has a front patio with an area suitable for planting a small vegetable or flower garden. The sliding glass door in the living room leads to a small back patio as well.
Most UV apartments are unfurnished, except for kitchen appliances. However, a few furnished apartments are available at an additional cost. Also, a few of the buildings even allow for pets! Rent is conveniently charged to your Ubill at the beginning of each semester and includes the following utilities: water, garbage, cable, and high-speed DSL internet service. Electricity is billed monthly by the university and gas (for heating and cooking) must be contracted with Alliant Energy.
Iowa State also offers family housing for the summer as well!
Buchanan Hall was built in 1964, but renovated in 2004! There are 9 floors with a capacity for 409 students! There are both single suites and double suites, and air conditioned rooms! There are lofted beds and all units are carpeted! It’s a co-ed building, and similar to all residence halls it requires a meal plan! However, there are also kitchenettes or access to them on every floor!! For the students who may not be quite interested in going for the apartment lifestyle yet, this is the option for you!!