Expectations vs Reality: Valentine’s Day
Oh, Valentine’s Day. We meet again. With all the heart shaped balloons, those darn good heart shaped frosted sugar cookies, and the abundance of red & pink flowers that are filling the stores, (I REPEAT, I LIKE TULIPS) it’s no wonder why there is so much hype for this holiday. It seems like a lot of people have such high expectations for Valentine’s Day, but in all honesty…what is the fuss?? Let’s get real here:
1. Expectation: Spending v-day with your soulmate.
Reality: Spending v-day with your soulmate.
2. Expectation: Getting a box of delicious assorted chocolate
Reality: Going to the store and buying chocolate for yourself. And eating it all.
3. Expectation: Surprising your crush with flowers
Reality: uhhh…. it doesn’t go as planned
4. Expectation: Your crush likes you back!
Reality: Your crush doesn’t like you back… :/
5. Expectation: Having dinner at a fancy restaurant
Reality: Ordering a pizza for yourself
6. Expectation: Getting a load of Valentine’s Day cards
Reality: Getting nothing
7. Expectation: Having fun on your date
Reality: Your date finds out you’re insane 😉
In all seriousness, if all of your expectations are met this Valentine’s Day then, man! You’ve got a keeper!
Whether you are all for Valentine’s Day or you love celebrating Single Awareness Day, I hope all you lovely people have a GOUDA day 🙂 ♥
You FETA believe it!
I’ll just leave you guys PROVOLONE now.