100 Things To Do At Iowa State Before You Graduate
Iowa State graduation is among us! And I guess I’m one of the graduates this time…where has the time gone?! Anyways! I just wanted to make a list of the top 100 things people should do while they are students at Iowa State. I loved every second of my “adventure” here and I hope every student has the chance to experience what I have. So without further adieu. Here are the top 100 things to do at Iowa State before you graduate.
1. Read a cyclonelife.net blog post
One down…99 to go…
2. Write an opinion piece for the Iowa State Daily
3. Read cover-to-cover a student published magazine
4. Read the Iowa State Daily
5. Do the crossword/Suduko in the Iowa State Daily
6. Adopt a puppy for an hour
PUPPIES?! WHERE!? WHEN?! Learn more here.
7. Jump into a pile of leaves on central campus
8. Pull an all-nighter
9. Take a nap in a hammock on central campus
Photo: Blake Lanser
10. Take a nap in Parks Library
11. Nap on central campus
12. Go to a football game at Jack Trice Stadium
13. Experience #HiltonMagic in Hilton Coliseum
14. See a concert in Hilton
15. See a spring student musical production in Fisher Theatre
16. Go to the Fashion Show in C.Y. Stephens
17. Go to a DubH show
18. Experience Dance Marathon
19. Do a 5K on campus during warm weather
20. Do the Nearly Naked Mile!
21. Run in the Andy Albright Jingle Jog in the middle of December
So cold, but SO worth it!! I promise.
22. Go the ISU Bacon Expo
23. Join/watch the ISU Qudditch club
24. Start a club, any club!!
25. Take a selfie with Cy
26. Take a picture of the ceiling inside of Beardshear
27. Take a pic with the “albino” squirrel
He’s real!! Read about him here.
28. Take a picture of a tree
We have lots of them. Like hundreds of them.
29. Take a picture with the swans Lancelot and Elaine
30. Swim in Lake Laverne
You most likely won’t regret it.
31. Spend a night in the MU Hotel
32. Step on the Zodiac after finals
The real world isn’t a test, right?
33. Take a glass blowing class at the Gaffer’s Guild in Old Sweeney Hall
I mean when else are you going to learn this important life skill?!
34. Take an art class in The Workspace
35. Study next to the big windows in the West Lobby
36. Go bowling in the basement in the MU (CyBowl and Billiards)
It’s like a dollar for students, so do while it’s cheap!
37. See Grandma Mojo’s comedy group in the M-Shop
38. Go to an ISU AfterDark event
39. Go to Cyclone Cinema
40. Go to a lecture in the Durham Great Hall
Have your mind blown.
41. Attend a political rally with a presidential candidate
42. Take a tour inside the campanile
43. Experience the campanile concerts at noon
You can request songs, like any song! Yes, even T-Swift.
44. Kiss someone at midnight under the campanile
45. Participate in mass campaniling during homecoming
EW, COOTIES EVERYWHERE!
46. Go to the senior brunch during Senior Week
You just never say no to free food, okay?
47. Use the free printing at the Margret Sloss Women’s Center
48. Check out the Grant Wood Murals in the library
49. Study in the Parks Library tiers
Who needs cell phone service when they study?
50. Walk around campus without headphones
I promise you everything will be okay and you’ll hear, like nature!
51. Eat free pancakes at midnight
52. Eat Panda in the MU
The person who takes the last scoop of orange chicken….SMH.
53. Eat at the Joan Bice Underwood Tearoom
54. Eat ice cream from the Dairy Science Club
55. Eat at one of 11 ISU Dining cafés on campus
56. Eat at The Café in north Ames
One word. BRUNCH.
57. Eat at Great Plains Pizza in downtown Ames
58. Eat at West Street Deli next to campus
59. Eat at Stomping Grounds on Welch
Best outdoors seating ever. Period.
60. Eat at Dublin Bay just off Duff
61. Eat the free food during CALS week
62. Eat a hot dog on “Wiener Wednesday” during SALC’s Senior Week
63. Eat a superdog from the superdog stand
Don’t ask questions. Just eat it.
64. Eat at the dining centers as an upperclassman
Yeah, I eat a lot……judge me….NEXT!
65. Build a snowman on campus
66. Go sledding near the Knoll (President’s residence)
67. Drink hot chocolate at the Knoll
68. Go inside the Knoll
69. Pet a horse at the horse barn
70. Use both rec centers on campus, State Gym and Lied
71. Go to a group fitness class
I did Pilates for entire semester. It was….interesting.
72. Use the rock-climbing wall at State Gym
73. Win a champion intramural shirt
74. Participate in an outdoor rec trip
Rock Climbing, Skiing, Canoeing…OH MY!
75. Go on an Alternatives Break trip
76. Study Abroad
Go…anywhere. Literally. Anywhere.
77. Get lost in Friley Hall
78. Tour Reiman Gardens
79. Use CyRide route Orange 23
80. Get a parking ticket from DPS
They’re like Christmas presents….
81. Avoid people handing out things in the Free Speech Zone
82. Be one of the people handing out things in the Free Speech Zone
83. Ask a question at the Student Answer Center
They know all. Like, all.
84. Attend a floor meeting
85. Skip a floor meeting
86. Go to the Brunnier Art Museum or any university museum
87. Go on the haunted ISU tour
88. Go to the ISU cemetery
Want to visit dead ISU Presidents? Cause you can.
89. Wear a costume on Halloween
90. Whisper to a tour group: “Choose your adventure at Iowa State!”
CUZ IT’S SO FUNNY.
91. Go to a lecture class you’re not registered in
92. Be a lab rat of a campus research project
93. Get inside the V6 Virtual Reality Space in Howe Hall
94. See the first computer in Durham Hall
Yeah, that’s right. ISU invented it. You’re welcome.
95. Find the plaque about ISU’s part in the Manhattan project
96. Experience the College of Design when a project is due
97. Wear cardinal on a Cy Day Friday
98. Go shopping downtown
99. Go shopping at the mall
100. Own a BEAT IOWA shirt from the MU Bookstore
Need I say more? 🙂